Jesse M. Vislisel, MD
Dr. Vislisel is an ophthalmologist with Associated Eye Care in Stillwater, MN.
Dr. Vislisel completed his residency in ophthalmology at the University of Iowa which he followed with a fellowship in Cornea and External Disease, also at the University of Iowa Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences. He completed the fellowship in June of 2016.
Dr. Vislisel became a member of the EyeRounds Board in June of 2013 and served as Chief Medical Editor of EyeRounds during the 2014-2015 academic calendar year. He continued in 2015-2016 as a fellow advisor member of the board.
- MD, Carver College of Medicine, The University of Iowa
- BA, Biology, The University of Iowa
- Ophthalmology Residency, The University of Iowa Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences
- Cornea and External Disease, The University of Iowa Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences
- Vislisel J, Oetting T.
Diabetic Retinopathy: from one medical student to another. EyeRounds.org. Sept. 1, 2010; Available from: https://eyerounds.org/tutorials/diabetic-retinopathy-med-students/
- Vislisel J. The Iowa Guide to the Ophthalmology Match. EyeRounds.org. August 21, 2012; Available from: https://eyerounds.org/tutorials/Iowa-Guide-to-the-Ophthalmology-Match.htm
- Vislisel J, Syed N. The Bedside Ocular Examination. EyeRounds.org. October, 26,
2012; Available from: https://eyerounds.org/tutorials/bedside-ocular-exam.htm
- Chang E, Vislisel J, Larson, SA. Peters Anomaly. EyeRounds.org. June 30, 2014; Available from https://eyerounds.org/cases/187-Peters-Anomaly.htm
- Mullaney S, Vislisel J, Maltry A, Boldt HC. Choroidal Malignant Melanoma: 58-year-old female with pigmented retinal lesion and exudative retinal detachment. EyeRounds.org. July 8, 2014; Available from https://eyerounds.org/cases/190-choroidal-malignant-Melanoma.htm
- Kuiper J, Vislisel J, Oetting T. Chalazion: Acute presentation and recurrence in a 4-year-old female. EyeRounds.org. August 25, 2014; Available from https://eyerounds.org/cases/193-Chalazion.htm
- Vislisel JM, Lenci L, Goins KM. Peripheral Ulcerative Keratitis (PUK). EyeRounds.org. August 25, 2014; Available from: https://eyerounds.org/cases/194-PUK.htm
- Dahrouj M, Vislisel JM, Raecker M, Maltry AC, Goins KM. Posterior Polymorphous Corneal Dystrophy (PPMD). February 23, 2015; Available from: https://eyerounds.org/cases/208-PPMD.htm
- Redd T, Vislisel JM, Larson TL, Goins KM. Phakic intraocular lenses for high myopia. March 4, 2015; Available from: https://eyerounds.org/cases/210-PhakicIOL.htm
- Goetz K, Vislisel JM, Raecker ME, Goins KM. Congenital Aniridia. March 10, 2015; Available from: https://eyerounds.org/cases/211-Aniridia.htm
- Klejch W, Vislisel JM, Allen RC. A Primer on Ptosis. EyeRounds.org. posted April 6, 2015; Available from: http://www.EyeRounds.org/tutorials/ptosis/
- Liaboe C, Vislisel JM, Schmidt GA, Greiner MA. Corneal Transplantation: From Donor to Recipient. May 19, 2015; Available from: https://eyerounds.org/tutorials/cornea-transplant-donor-to-recipient
- Donaghy C, Vislisel JM, Greiner MA. An Introduction to Corneal Transplantation. May 21, 2015; Available from: https://eyerounds.org/tutorials/cornea-transplant-intro/
- Donaghy C, Vislisel JM, Greiner MA, Goins KM, Wagoner MD. Calcific Band Keratopathy. June 1, 2015; Available from: https://eyerounds.org/cases/214-band-keratopathy.htm
- Mittal A, Vislisel JM, Greiner MA. Use of ophthalmic medications in pregnancy. EyeRounds.org. posted January 23, 2016; Available from https://eyerounds.org/cases/229-drugs-in-pregnancy.htm
- Dr. Vislisel is also a prolific contributor to the EyeRounds Photo Atlas and has contributed a number of EyeRounds videos as well.
last updated: 09/15/2021