Dr. Birkholz did her Ophthalmology Residency at the University of Iowa Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences. She graduated in June of 2011 and currently is in private practice with Ophthalmology Associates of Mankato, Mankato, Minnesota.
- BA (Chemistry), BS (Biology), Minnesota State Univ, Mankato
- MD, Univ of Minnesota Medical School
- Birkholz ES, Oetting TA. Kayser Fleischer Ring: A Systems Based Review of the Ophthalmologist's Role in the Diagnosis of Wilson's Disease. EyeRounds.org. Posted July 28, 2009; Available from: http://EyeRounds.org/cases/97-kayser-fleischer-ring-Wilsons-Disease.htm
- Birkholz ES, Goins KM. Boston Keratoprosthesis: An option for patients with multiple failed corneal grafts. Posted March 9, 2009; Available from: http://EyeRounds.org/cases/94-Boston-Keratoprosthesis-Failed-Corneal-Grafts.htm
- Birkholz ES, Syed NA, Wagoner MD. Corneal Stromal Dystrophies: A Clinicopathologic Review. EyeRounds.org. Posted Aug. 17, 2009; Available from: http://www.eyerounds.org/cases/43-Corneal-Stromal-Dystrophies.htm
- Birkholz ES, Wall M. Pseudoabducens palsy: When a VI nerve palsy is not a VI nerve palsy. Eyerounds.org. Posted December 22, 2009; Available from: http://www.EyeRounds.org/cases/93-PseudoAbducensPalsy.htm
- Hong ES, Birkholz ES, Wendel LJA, Allen RC. Orbital inflammation secondary to bisphosphonate therapy (orbital pseudotumor). EyeRounds.org. December 29, 2009; Available from: http://www.EyeRounds.org/cases/101-orbitalpseudotumor.htm.
- Birkholz ES, Johnson AT, Russell SR. Retinal Artery Macroaneurysm. EyeRounds.org. posted July 1, 2010; Available from: http://EyeRounds.org/113-RAMA.htm.
- Birkholz ES, Oetting TA, Kitzmann AS. Posterior Polar Cataract. EyeRounds.org. January 22, 2010. Available from http://EyeRounds.org/cases/128-Posterior-Polar-Cataract.htm
- Abrams P, Birkholz ES, Tarantola RM, Oetting TA, Russell SR. Intraocular Foreign Body: A Classic Case of Metal on Metal Eye Injury. EyeRounds.org. May 20, 2011; Available from: http://EyeRounds.org/cases/132-intraocular-foreign-body.htm