John J. Chen, MD, PhD
As an Ophthalmology Resident at The University of Iowa, Dr. Chen became a member of the EyeRounds Board in June of 2011 and served as Chief Medical Editor of EyeRounds during the 2012-2013 academic calendar year. He continued on the Board as a fellow-advisor member while he completing his fellowship.
Dr. Chen completed his Neuro-Ophthalmology Fellowship in June 2014.
- BA (Biology and Cognitive Science), University of Virginia
- PhD, University of Virginia, Neuroscience
- MD, University of Virginia, School of Medicine
- Ophthalmology Residency, University of Iowa Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences
- Chen JJ, Sohn EH, Wall M, Thurtell MJ. All-trans retinoic acid (ATRA) induced intracranial hypertension in a patient with acute promyelocytic leukemia. EyeRounds.org. August 30, 2011. Available from: http://EyeRounds.org/cases/136-ATRA-papilledema.htm
- Chen JJ, Tarantola, RM, Kay CN, Mahajan VB. Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) Toxicity and Recommendations for Screening. EyeRounds.org. August 30, 2011. Available from: http://EyeRounds.org/cases/139-plaquenil-toxicity.htm
- Chen JJ, Allen RC. Secondary Tumors After Hereditary Retinoblastoma: A Case of Orbital Leiomyosarcoma 50 Years After Initial Enucleation and Radiation Therapy. EyeRounds.org. November 28, 2011; Available from: http://EyeRounds.org/cases/142-leiomyosarcoma.htm
- Chen JJ, Allen RC. Oculopharyngeal muscular dystrophy. EyeRounds.org. January 18, 2012; Available from: http://EyeRounds.org/cases/147- Oculopharyngeal-muscular-dystrophy.htm
- Chen JJ, Kwon YH. Recurrent intraocular hemorrhage secondary to cataract wound neovascularization (Swan Syndrome). EyeRounds.org. August 6, 2012; Available from: http://EyeRounds.org/cases/153-Swan-Syndrome.htm
- Chen JJ, Wilkinson ME, Stone EM. Driving in the visually impaired: regulation and discussion. EyeRounds.org. Posted January 2, 2013. Available from http://www.EyeRounds.org/cases/161-driving.htm.
- Chen JJ, Chen Y. Functional Visual Loss. EyeRounds.org. March 6, 2013; available from: http://www.EyeRounds.org/cases/165-functional-visual-loss.htm
- Baldwin A, Chen JJ, Kardon RH. Leber Hereditary Optic Neuropathy: A 17-year-old male presents with progressive, painless, bilateral vision loss. EyeRounds.org. June 25, 2013; available from http://EyeRounds.org/cases/172-LHON.htm
- Chen JJ, McAllister, AR, Sohn EH. Idiopathic Juxtafoveal Telangiectasia Type II (Macular Telangiectasia type 2). EyeRounds.org. February 17, 2014; Available from: http://eyerounds.org/cases/185-JXT.htm