William E. Flanary, II, MD
Dr. Flanary is an ophthalmologist at Eye Health Northwest in Portland, OR.
Dr. Flanary completed his Ophthalmology Residency at the University of Iowa Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences in June 2017.
He joined the Editorial Board of EyeRounds in July 2015 and served as Chief Medical Editor during the 2016-2017 academic calendar year.
- BS, Cell and Molecular Biology, Texas Tech University
- MD, Geisel School of Medicine at Dartmouth
- Ophthalmology Residency, the University of Iowa Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Sciences
- Flanary WE, Phillips D, Kardon RH. Posterior Ischemic Optic Neuropathy. April 3, 2015; Available from: http://EyeRounds.org/cases/212-PION.htm
- Flanary WE, Meirick TM, Boldt HC. Waldenstrom Macroglobulinema-Associated Retinopathy. EyeRounds.org. posted August 21, 2015; Available from: http://www.EyeRounds.org/cases/216-Waldenstrom-retinopathy.htm
- Flanary WE, Myers LA, Alward WLM. Medical management of glaucoma: A primer. EyeRounds.org. posted September 1, 2015; Available from:
- Fairbanks A, Myers L, Flanary W, Warner L, Boldt HC. Ocular Ultrasound: A Quick Reference Guide for the On-Call Physician. EyeRounds.org. posted February 4, 2016; Available from: http://www.EyeRounds.org/tutorials/ultrasound/
- Greenwald M, Flanary WE, Oetting TA. Cataract Formation after Pars Plana Vitrectomy. EyeRounds.org. July 19, 2016; Available from: http://EyeRounds.org/cases/239-post-vit-cataract-surgery.htm
Dr. Flanary is also a contributor to the EyeRounds Atlas